Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

BMW i3 Range Extender 2014 - £16,795

Sold 
6K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  e-Cars 
#1 · (Edited)
NOW SOLD - WE CAN SOURCE SIMILAR VEHICLES - PLEASE GIVE ME A PM AND I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP!

Here at e-Cars we have got this lovely 14 Plate BMW i3 in stock, this particular car is the Range Extender Model, Arravani Grey, 26,993 Miles on the Clock, Only 1 owner and in Immaculate condition Inside & Out, AC Fast Charger Preparation (No DC-Prep), 3-Pin Granny Cable is Present, Official BMW i3 Mats, BMW Service History, MOT is not due until 04/07/2017.

This car is ideal run-around vehicle, but also with the luxury back up re-assurance of the range extender, we can also help in providing and installing a charge point for your vehicle as we are official partners with EO Charging.

Price - Selling for £16,795

This is very well priced for a BMW i3 Range Extender.

Part/ex is welcome and open to offers.

For any more details then let me know via forum or by email at info@e-carstrading.co.uk

Photos to Follow Shortly!

Warranties - The car was registered on 04/07/2014 (14 Plate) so still has all of its remaining BMW Manufacturers Warranties which are the following;

• BMW i3 Three Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty - Over 6 Months Left
  • BMW i3 Battery Warranty (8 Years/100,000 Miles) - Over 5½ Years Left, Runs out 04/07/2022
  • Twelve Year Anti Corrosion Warranty - Long Time Left!:)
  • Paintwork Warranty (3 Years/Any Mileage Limitation) - Over 6 Months Left
  • MOT Protect cover - Covers technical issues that would cause the vehicle to fail its first MOT, certain items are not covered but if anyone was interested for further details I can provide exactly what is not.
  • BMW i Mobile Care - Ensure help is available over the phone for issues regarding the vehicle or charging infrastructure. (Again can elaborate further details if want to know exactly!)
REME/KLE/EME
The KLE has been replaced on this particular vehicle but not the REME. The car is still under warranty so if needed to be replaced this would still be covered under this, but no issues have arisen about this so has not been changed as of yet.

See less See more
#9 ·
Yes I have got a list of options for the car, would you like me too PM you with these, Cheers.

Confusing. :confused:
Does this mean 7kW AC as standard only and no DC CCS Quick charging?
Yes this does mean 7kW AC as standard only a no DC CCS Quick Charging.
So all of your charging would either be from home or if you were out and about the 7kW charge points. Of course if you were to go further than the battery + rex range then you have got the option of filling up the rex which costs £7/8 and would get you another 65/70+ miles range.

#12 ·
The i3 has still got all of its manufacturers warranties remaining. I have adjusted the first post with all this information, The KLE on the i3 has been replaced but not the REME. If this was needing to be replaced then it would still be under warranty so could be sorted if the problem did arise.

#14 ·
Not knowing the finer technical points of the BMW i3 I had to search for the REME and KLE meanings.

REME RangeExtenderElectricalMachineElectronics

KLE Conveniencechargingelectronics

#16 · (Edited)
KLE - comfort charging I.e the thing that gets you from 3.3kW to 7.2kW charging. All early models have had the KLE replaced due to a design problem in the heat exchanger.

EME - is the motor.

REME - is the alternator/generator bolted to the REX

Dealers have a tendency to refer to the EME when the really mean REME. Again early models have a design problem in the REME which can cause it to hold moisture and trigger a engine check warning.
Found this on the forum just a minute ago and here is a clear explanation from @Jack of what KLE, EME and REME are exactly! @Colin

#17 ·
It's also whether it needs replacing in the first place, on the i3 I am selling this problem has not arisen. So it's very unlikely you can go into BMW and demand a replacement (updated REME) unless the issue is present therefore you will be approved to have the work done under warranty.

#25 · (Edited)
@ron1 - Yes you would be able to use the EH network but only being able to accept the 7kw rates. You would also be able to use the Electric Highway AC Medium Chargers which are completely free to use and these are at 16 Locations around the country, these chargers you need an RFID Card and your own cable. Here's a link with some more info and the locations of the chargers: AC Medium - For The Road - Ecotricity

Alternatively there is the luxury option of the range extender which you can refuel if you needed to go further than the range of the i3!

#23 ·
Because this car has no DC rapid charge preparation you actually still would, but only using the EH AC cable at about 7.22 kW/hr.

I did this a couple of times before any CCS DC rapid points became available. It was painful and pointless even when the juice was free.

#24 ·
BMW i3 Three Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty - Over 6 Months Left
BMW i3 Battery Warranty (8 Years/100,000 Miles) - Over 5½ Years Left, Runs out 04/07/2022
6 months bumper-bumper warranty. Is that considered much of a knock-out deal for that much money? Maybe I am out of touch.

What warranty comes on the electric parts other than the battery? Has to be at least 5 years under OLEV grant. What does 'battery warranty' mean?

#30 ·
Have a look at this link and parts 3.5/3.6 - Plug-in car grant eligibility guidance - GOV.UK

The BMW falls within this criteria, I had a look at the Plug in Van grant and I believe that has to be at least 5 years under the OLEV Grant.

The battery warranty includes coverage against failures of the battery as a result of manufacturing defects. You have got 8 years/100,000 miles from the first date of registration.

#26 · (Edited)
Our website is now live and the link to the car is the following;

BMW i3 REX

If anybody would like any more information about the car then please feel free to get in touch. Also I am open offers and happy to do Part/Ex

Cheers,

Lewis

e-Cars

#32 ·
Is this really BMW's battery warranty? It would seem to exclude degradation.
"The battery warranty includes coverage against failures of the battery as a result of manufacturing defects. You have got 8 years/100,000 miles from the first date of registration."

#33 ·
Is this really BMW's battery warranty? It would seem to exclude degradation.
"The battery warranty includes coverage against failures of the battery as a result of manufacturing defects. You have got 8 years/100,000 miles from the first date of registration."
Unlike VW or Tesla, BMW do warranty the capacity:

The BMW i3 Warranty includes a BMW i3 Battery Warranty against failures of the high voltage battery as a result of manufacturing defects. In addition to the BMW i3 Three Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty, the high voltage battery is warranted for up to 8 years from the date of first registration, or up to 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

The capacity of a lithium-ion high voltage battery naturally decreases over the period of use due to inherent technical reasons (natural wear and tear). Should a capacity check at a BMW i Service Authorised Workshop within the warranty period mentioned above show that the net battery capacity has dropped below 70% of its original value at delivery of the new BMW i3, the portion below 70% will be regarded as excessive capacity loss. This excessive capacity loss will be repaired free of charge under the terms of the BMW i3 Battery Warranty.

All high voltage battery repairs under warranty must be carried out by a BMW i Service Authorised Workshop.

As per the BMW i3 Three Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty, the bene ts of the BMW i3 Battery Warranty are fully transferable to subsequent owners of this BMW i3 vehicle by someone other than an approved BMW i Service Authorised Workshop.
https://www.bmw.co.uk/dam/brandBM/m.../bmwi-aftersales/BMW-i3-Warranty-Handbook.PDF

#35 ·
What extended warranty are you offering with the car?

View attachment 19929
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tesla model s Tesla

@donald I will be taking a look shortly but from when I had a quick look it seemed to be all running smoothly. Will check the back end out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On cars this age even though it has got a remaining warranty remaining I always put a 3-Month Warranty on for piece of mind. This can be increased up to 6 or 12 months at an extra cost. If a customer however did encounter a problem I always say to them I am just on the other end of the phone and more than happy to help deal with a problem or offer any advice on the best steps to take.

#37 · (Edited)
@Craig Stephenson - Yes I believe it is possible to buy what's called a warranty extension. These you can get a quote from BMW. I will find out tomorrow from BMW. The Rex is a great benefit to have, I recently done a 130 mile journey to deliver an i3 Rex and it really helped and made the journey a lot easier.

#38 ·
SOLD - Many thanks for all your enquiries, this vehicle is now sold. We can source similar vehicles, if you would like any more details or looking for a particular spec BMW i3 Range Extender please get in touch via or forum or give me a call/email. Cheers, Lewis @ e-Cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.