Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

BMW i3 Rex 2014

Sold 
Tags
bmw i3 sold
3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Philip Pronto 
#1 ·
Upgrades: Service Inclusive Package, Professional Media Package, Adaptive LED headlights, Winter Package, DC Rapid Charge, Alloy Wheels style 429 & Metallic Ionic Silver paintwork.

I'm so thrilled with my original i3 Rex that I've decided to buy the new 94Ah model. My 14 plate Rex is now up for sale. The upgrades have been well chosen, to give worry free motoring - Range Extender plus DC Rapid charge facility, heated front seats plus LED low energy lights. For peace of mind, it has a five year Service Inclusive Package providing free BMW servicing until April 2019 or 60,000miles, the standard BMW three year warranty expires April 2017, and the BMW battery warranty expires April 2020. It's garaged and I'm its original owner. It's immaculate. I'm a non-smoker, without pets or children. It has been serviced by BMW. I'm also advertising with photos on Autotrader. Seeking £19,450

#3 ·
#6 ·
Didn't want my comment to sound harsh but if EVs had decent residuals then the finance deals would still be good. They aren't though - good luck with the sale though. You have every right of course to try and sell it at what you want.

If I was buying an i3 (and frankly I really can't decide what to do for our second car) I would buy this one:

BMW I3 5dr

Realistically priced imo with near enough your spec. £15K but willing to haggle.

#8 ·
Didn't want my comment to sound harsh but if EVs had decent residuals then the finance deals would still be good. They aren't though - good luck with the sale though. You have every right of course to try and sell it at what you want.

If I was buying an i3 (and frankly I really can't decide what to do for our second car) I would buy this one:

BMW I3 5dr

Realistically priced imo with near enough your spec. £15K but willing to haggle.
This one doesn't have Rex hence the price difference

#7 ·
There is a huge difference in used BEV i3 prices and those of a Rex.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Siraff
#9 ·
Thanks INWB, but . . . . . it's nowhere near my spec as two of the most expensive and necessary items are missing. These are Range Extender £3150 and DC Rapid Charge £560. Other upgrades are missing too, but if you can live with a basic i3 then that's fine, but be aware of these differences which have price implications.

#10 ·
If I wanted range extender (which I don't hence the one above) I guess I could get this one at £18,000 from a BMW dealer with all the protection and flexibility that provides

BMW I3 Range Extender 5dr Auto - HEATED SEATS - REAR PARK SENSORS - BLUETOOTH - 0.7

But hey - don't want to argue. You will have done your homework and consider that selling a first gen i3 privately will command a premium over what dealers are trying to sell at. You will have them queuing round the block I am sure and I wish you the best of luck.

#14 ·
If I wanted range extender (which I don't hence the one above) I guess I could get this one at £18,000 from a BMW dealer with all the protection and flexibility that provides

BMW I3 Range Extender 5dr Auto - HEATED SEATS - REAR PARK SENSORS - BLUETOOTH - 0.7

But hey - don't want to argue. You will have done your homework and consider that selling a first gen i3 privately will command a premium over what dealers are trying to sell at. You will have them queuing round the block I am sure and I wish you the best of luck.
They why are you even commenting on the ladys for sale thread:mad:

#11 ·
INWB the Range Extender you refer to, does not compare favourably with mine. Let's just agree, to disagree, because clearly you don't value the extras I have on my car. The Spec on my 2014 car includes DC Rapid Charge and the Winter Package both of which are standard on the new 2017 94Ah REx . Then my car has more upgrades as well. Best of luck.

#15 ·
Beautiful car @LadyRex , you've clearly taken great care of her. (y) I do agree that it's optimistic to hope to sell privately for the same money as a dealer would sell for. Buyers expect private sellers to be cheaper than a dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.