Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Global Nissan LEAF Advisory Board. I'm in.

7K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  MikeProcter 
#1 ·
Recently I was approached by Chelsea Sexton (high profile EV person, known for certain electric car movies) and asked if I'd like to take park in the global Nissan LEAF Advisory board, after being pointed in my direction by @Jeffery Lay

I asked lots of questions, was sent lots of information and I humbly accepted to take park.

:D

A little while later and following even more emails back and forth with Chelsea I wanted to let the community here know before anyone else that I'm now a member of the Nissan LEAF Advisory Board, or LAB for short.

As such I will do my best to help push forward topics, questions and problems that are important to myself as a LEAF owner and driver as well as those I pick up reading the opinions and concerns expressed here both by current, former and future LEAF owners and also from the wider EV community who for one reason or another chose not to buy Nissan.

The board is voluntary, I don't work for Nissan and by no means does my appointment to the LAB suddenly make Speak EV or myself personally any more or less able to be open and honest about all forms of electric transport.

What this doesn't mean is that I suddenly have a direct line to Nissan and am able to help you with your problems direct, I just can't. So don't even ask.

What it does mean is I may be privilege to certain information regarding future models or technology on an official level under an NDA. I wont be able to discuss or digress such information unless Nissan ask me to do so as a LAB member... so don't even ask.

What I do hope is that my appointment will also mean I can continue to become ever more engrossed in the EV-world, make new and stronger connections which should enable me to become a better contributor and administrator here at Speak EV and perhaps more widely, to the benefit of us all.

For more information on the Nissan global LEAF Advisory Board, here's some historic links:
http://www.greencarreports.com/news...ory-board-to-understand-electric-car-problems
http://www.torquenews.com/1075/chel...isory-board-help-nissan-learn-how-market-leaf
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10267

See less See more
#5 ·
This sounds like a very positive and pro-active approach from Nissan to have such an advisory board in the first place. Excellent appointment with your access to the Speak EV membership for canvassing opinions and feeding back.

All very positive for the future of EV development I would think.

Derek

#15 ·
Great news! For you & us. Your dedicated calm work on SpeakEV has been recognised and rewarded.

Well done Paul, and by the way a guy I met from Nissan yesterday showed me the new shape... :p.
Will there be the option of having the rear wheel arches covered? And better air flow underneath?? Seriously!

Reactions: Paul
#13 ·
Really pleased for you that you have been "noticed" and now get the inside track on things. I guess a few of us will read this and feel jealous that you know in advance what is coming our way. If the next gen Leaf has the greater range they are talking about I am sure this could be a game changer for electric vehicles if the price is right - we can't all afford a Tesla unfortunately. Now if only other electric vehicle manufacturers would consider this kind of advisory board - yes Renault I mean you - we might progress further in converting the ICE community.

#17 ·
It is excellent news though that Nissan have taken Paul on board. What more do you want than a company listening to its customers. At the end of the day we are the people driving it day in day out. We know the things that can be improved.

I've swapped from Volkswagen to Nissan. To be honest the Nissan doesn't come close to VW in build quality. The only reason I've gone to Nissan is that it's the best (and most affordable) EV out there.

I hope Nissan makes the right decisions with the next generation of EVs. I will never turn my back in EVs but I may turn my back on Nissan and go back to Volkswagen on my next purchase.

#19 ·
Well done, Paul. Excellent work. #coughelectricqashqaicough

#20 ·
Get them to add a built in telephone option. It should be listed in the brochure under "Leaf Blower".

It's been a good night tonight...

Reactions: Robwiz
#23 ·
Next week I am off for four days of meetings and other activities with the Global Nissan LEAF Advisory Board. I'll update people with whatever I'm permitted and will still no doubt be on on here, just way out of synch with everyone else back in Blighty.

I'm really looking forward to this experience and seeing "inside Nissan" – I hope I can make the most of the time and push for improvements and changes across the board (within the constraints and programme we'll have laid out for us).

Thanks to all the Nissan EV contributors on Speak EV I've seen a lot to add to my own experiences, we all seem to share common concerns and some common problems which at present I feel sure Nissan will want to address for future EV owners. We'll see. :)

#24 ·
Are you going to Smyrna, Los Angeles, San Diego, Japan or Nissan's secret base inside the dormant volcano?

(yes we all know about that one)

:)

#25 ·
Are you going to Smyrna, Los Angeles, San Diego, Japan or Nissan's secret base inside the dormant volcano?

(yes we all know about that one)

:)
Not very secret then...

#28 ·
Yet to go through all the details but there's going to be pretty wide-ranging topics concerning Nissan EVs and their entire eco-system.

There will no doubt be things I can't discuss that come up, but for me personally it's about improvements all round, one hot topic recently has been Carwings, which I'm sure is no surprise!

#31 ·
Well, for those that hadn't noticed... I'm back!

I'll share what I can soon, but again do be aware that almost everything is covered by an NDA so don't expect any juicy details or gossip.

I have to say I've been impressed by Nissan and their attitude towards EVs and the EV community, I have a much higher opinion of them before I took the trip and I've learnt a lot during the past week.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.