1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

i-Miev vs Ion vs C-Zero battery packs

Discussion in 'General Mitsubishi EV Discussion' started by dava71, Jan 20, 2016.

1. dava71

dava71 New Member

Hi all
    Looking at getting an EV. For what we plan to do with it (and given the good network of free CYC Chademo chargers here in Scotland) considering the (much!) cheaper Miev/Ion/Czero instead of Zoe/LEAF.
    Been spending days reading forums (instead of working :-( ) and trying to figure out the differences between these supposedly identical cars.

A very specific question: exactly when did the downgrade of 16 kWh to 14.5 kWh pack happen in the C-Zero and did this ONLY happen in the C-Zero or also the IOn/Miev

thanks for your help
    D

2. Robthebank

Robthebank Well-Known Member

I expect this is just actual battery size V useable.

3. misterbleepy

misterbleepy Active Member

EV:
    Peogeot iOn
    Somewhere I have seen a photo that illustrates where to look for the sticker that indicates the battery size on the actual car - it might have been on here, or maybe over at myimiev.com - I'll see if I can remember where I saw it...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  4. dava71

dava71 New Member

In an update of this, for who can read French, it's worth visiting

Batterie de la Ion : la maladresse de Peugeot
    and
    Forum Automobile Propre • Upgrade des batteries 14.5kwh : Citroën C-ZERO / Peugeot iOn / Mitsubishi i-MiEV

It seems that, without telling anyone, Peugeot (and I assume Citroen as part of the PSA group) reduced the number of cells from 88 to 80 in 2014. My French isnt great but it seems that if one removes the boot cover and then opens a hatch, a label should be visible that either says 14.5 or 16 kWh. From one of these articles, it seems that the i-Miev has always remained 16 kWh.

But I am looking at a UK 63 (2013) plate C-Zero and it will be difficult to tell from a distance whether it is 14.5 or 16 :-(

D

5. misterbleepy

EV:
    Peogeot iOn
    that was the pic I was thinking of - I could go look at mine and see if I can see it - mine's a "13" reg, so a similar age/registration.

6. misterbleepy

EV:
    Peogeot iOn
    I can't see any labels on the battery pack through the large cover in the boot - it is pretty dirty in there though - and too scary to put a hand or brush in there to clean - lots of orange cables

7. John419

John419 Active Member

EV:
    Citroen C Zero
  8. Matthew Knott

Matthew Knott Active Member

EV:
    Citroen C Zero
    I had a look at my new to me C-Zero registered late September 2013, and the battery sticker stated 16 kwh. There was a date on the car's internal charger with a date of March 2012.

I was hoping to find a 14.5 kwh battery, as they appear to be an improved cell. I guess my car sat around a while before being registered in the UK.

9. markweatherill

markweatherill Well-Known Member