1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

I-miev what do I need to know

Discussion in 'General Mitsubishi EV Discussion' started by TrevMcC, Feb 2, 2016.

1. TrevMcC

TrevMcC New Member

hi all, I have seen an I-miev at a dealers and have been researching them for a while now and they seem pretty good.
    But what specific things should I be asking about when I call the dealers later, like what charging cables should come with it, is there any recall work that should have been done, battery condition etc
    And what size of home charger will I need if the deal goes through? Can get my hands on a 32Amp tethered, not sure of the type though?
    Thanks in advance.
    Trev

2. misterbleepy

misterbleepy Active Member

EV:
    Peogeot iOn
    It can only charge at 16 amps via the J1772 connector on the driver side, or via a CHAdeMO rapid charger to the connector on the passenger side.
    Check for recalls here: http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp
    I see 5 listed against the Mitsubishi i-MiEV.
    I should think it would come with a 10amp charging lead complete with inline EVSE - 13A plug one one end, biox in the middle, J1772 on the other end.
    It is also available badged as a Citroen C-Zero and Peugeot iOn, but there are a few minor differences.