1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

Invitation to participate in a postgraduate survey on EV and AFV from Technical University of Crete

Discussion in 'General Charging Discussion' started by smavroudi, Jan 11, 2017.

1. smavroudi

smavroudi New Member

Good evening!
    The current survey is conducted on behalf of the School of Production Engineering and Management at University of Crete, Greece, in the context of a thesis for the postgraduate studies program. The questionnaire is anonymous and each answer will decisively contribute to the completion of the investigation, the aim of which is the determination of consumer preferences regarding vehicles of various fuel types.
    I would be grateful if you could spend some minutes to complete it.
    Thank you in advance for your valuable contribution!

https://car.sawtoothsoftware.com/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?hid_studyname=car&hid_pagenum=0

2. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Well-Known Member

EV:
    Vauxhall Ampera
    Hmm, failed on the first question. I need a "don't" care button, as not concerned whether vehicle is Asian, European or American. Also I don't care whether mfr is focussed on EVs, or makes all sorts.

MikeProcter likes this.
  3. Flyguy

Flyguy Well-Known Member

EV:
    Tesla Model S
    Me too.

Why on earth would where it's made have any bearing on this ? Doesn't really make sense...

MikeProcter likes this.
  4. SandBee

SandBee Active Member

EV:
    BMW i3 60Ah Rex
    Exactly. Opt-out buttons on individual questions (or, in this case, allowing multiple answers) make it much more likely I'll complete a survey.

But, out of curiosity, I made a selection here and pressed on a bit. When I came unstuck was on options that included "charging time". What sort of charging isn't clear, but the difference is vital. Taking a time at random, 5h on a home charger would be fine, 5h on a destination charger is going to be fairly difficult and 5h at an on-route charger would be Absolutely No Way.

Sorry, @smavroudi, I'm out as this one stands. And if it was my survey, I'd be concerned whether the lack of clarity invalidates the responses, as people can be answering based on different understanding.

Flyguy likes this.
  5. BarryP

BarryP Well-Known Member

I started, but gave up on second page. This survey seems to 'want' answers rather than seek them. The questions seemed to be comparing Apples with Fish. As pointed out above a 'don't care' option would be a good choice.
    Suggest a rewrite and let us try again?

Possibly Related Discussions… - Invitation participate postgraduate
  1. yanboge
    Replies:
    Views: