1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale LEAF Acenta 30kWh from just £245 per month - £0 (zero) deposit

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicle Classifieds' started by Miles Roberts, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Miles Roberts

Miles Roberts Well-Known Member

EV:
    Hyundai Ioniq BEV, Kia Optima PHEV, Nissan e NV200, Nissan LEAF 24, Nissan LEAF 30
    Hi All,

Here I am with another offer - this time on brand new Nissan LEAF Acenta 30kWh.

Offer based on LEAF Acenta 30kWh, 3.3kW charger, Flame Red, 6,000 miles pa, excess mileage £0.08 per mile. Offer valid until the 31st December 2016.

Customer Deposit £0.00
    Finance Deposit Contribution £1,400.00
    Total Deposit £1,400.00
    On the Road Cash Price £18,462.31
    Payable with 36 Monthly Payments of £245.00
    Amount Financed £17,062.31
    Final Optional Payment (GFV) £10,713.22
    Total Amount Payable £20,933.22
    APR 5.99%*

As a comparison, for a Tekna 30kWh on the same terms, the payment would be £270 per month.

If anyone would like a specific quote for their mileage, or would like to put in a deposit to reduce the monthly payments, or wants to part exchange their old car (all cars welcome!), please get in touch.

*5.99% APR is available when vehicle is purchased on a 36 month PCP agreement through RCI Banque. Finance is subject to status and acceptance. Finance deposit contribution dependent on Nissan loyalty scheme. Terms and conditions apply to all offers.

Kind regards,
    Miles

2. knoxie

knoxie Well-Known Member

I would be interested if it were a 30kwh Tekna with 6.6kwh charger at about £200 per month 7000 miles pa, my local Nissan dealer has been calling me all week trying to get me in even though my current deals not up till June, im currently paying £190 per month for my Tekna so im not getting in to anything unless the deals right, a lot can happen in 9 months even a new Leaf.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Miles and please let me know if there are any more of those £99 deals on old Leafs as I have friends who are interested.

emc likes this.
  3. Miles Roberts

EV:
    Hyundai Ioniq BEV, Kia Optima PHEV, Nissan e NV200, Nissan LEAF 24, Nissan LEAF 30
    The £99 deals are all finished, as Nissan have revised the GFV's slightly downward, so that they're now coming out as £110+ per month. We do have some Gen2 LEAF available from £145 per month though?

You have pretty much zero chance at the moment of getting a Tekna 30kWh 6.6 for that sort of money, without throwing in a big deposit. To give you an idea, on our current deal, it works out as £301 a month with no deposit. To get to £200 a month would require a £3354 deposit.....

The GFV's have dropped (residuals are not as strong as they were predicted 3yrs ago), and therefore the cost of PCP finance (where you pay for the difference between the "new price" and the "predicted residual") have increased considerably.

Stead likes this.
  4. knoxie

knoxie Well-Known Member

Yes I was thinking of £1,000 deposit though, else it makes no sense for me to change, I may as well stick with what I have and wait until June next year, funnily enough as if to read my mind the dealer has just called me, I will see what kind of deal that they can offer me, I will pass on the details of the £145 Leafs to my friends, thanks for that.

5. Miles Roberts

EV:
    @knoxie If you're current PCP is £190 pm, and runs out in June next year, I'd sit tight. Fingers crossed for a new LEAF by then...

Matt Beard and Lee Dalton like this.
  6. armstma1

armstma1 New Member

Sounds like <£200 Tekna it's a thing of the past, it's a shame as that's the figure it would need to be to make me bite.

7. knoxie

knoxie Well-Known Member

Yes sub 200 quid Teknas are a thing of the past, I just looked at my paperwork Im actually paying £170 per month for my Tekna with 16,000 miles over 2 years, I popped in to see the Dealer and they couldnt get anywhere near it now so we are going to sit tight and wait till next year and see what's on offer, if Nissan offer a new Leaf im hoping the 30kwh gen 2 cars will drop a bit.

The dealer told me that even with staff discount they couldnt match the deal that I got, I just got lucky I suppose? and hit the dealer at the tight time, we have loved the Tekna however I would happily drop back to an Acenta as im not bothered about the Leather seats and I also dont think the sound system sounds any better, the only thing I would miss is the around view monitor but id get over it.

8. armstma1

armstma1 New Member

Well that will back fire as I'm poised ready to buy, if they don't do sub £200 then I will simply buy something else.
    I shall be watching prices closely till Christmas if no deals then I shall be buying a super efficient fossil fuel car instead.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    mojo likes this.
  9. Miles Roberts

EV:
    Sub £200 was only possible with the higher predicted residuals, plus aggressive discounting. Now that the residuals are lower, even with the discount we are offering (which represents a saving of almost £7,000 on the list price), you're still way off the £200 mark. Of course, the sub-£200 deals were on 24kWh cars, not the newer 30kWh as per this offer - the 30kWh being £1,600 more expensive in the first place.

10. armstma1

armstma1 New Member

I was meaning sub £200 24kwh version, the 30kwh option should still only equate to around £20 a month.
    Nissan Retail have brand new 24kwh Acenta's for £189 down and £189 a month but no prices mentioned for the Tekna.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  11. Ed Straker's Car

Ed Straker's Car Well-Known Member

EV:
    Vauxhall Ampera
    That is still a good deal especially on the longer range 30Kwh model- if that had been around in Feb - March I'd have been tempted .
    Don't know why people are giving @Miles Roberts a hard time on these new figures he's been really up -front with the reason for the costs -
    Any PCP PCH for the Gen 2 now will be affected by both the reality of the current trading - expanded competition & the fact that by the time these deals are up no doubt the Gen 3 model will be launched so it's bound to impact GFV downward. so the monthly costs would be more to bridge the gap.

Phooby, Phil W, Stead and 4 others like this.
  12. mattsun

mattsun Member

Hi Miles, what would the cost be for a white Acenta 6.6 obc with the same annual mileage please? thanks, Matt

13. Stead

Stead Well-Known Member

EV:
    Nissan LEAF 30
    i'm glad to see sensible pricing, these daft prices were killing prices for leaf owners, people were afraid to buy knowing its worthless in a few years, I still think that's a great price imo, what other car can you get new for these kind of prices?

Well let me re-phrase that, what other car can you get new for these prices that you would actually want to drive! :)

14. knoxie

knoxie Well-Known Member

Sensible? whats that mean? there were some good deals about they do come and go, what the PCP deals proved was you were far better of getting a Leaf on PCP than you were buying outright because of the terrible resale value of the Leaf, you can get some pretty nice ice cars for 200 quid a month if you look around and if you do limited mileage fuel wont break the bank.

Low entry prices for the Leaf were and are a very good thing as they got lots of people who dont have the funds up front to taste life with an EV and get a taste for it, if you bought outright thats your risk, low prices are sensible & not daft.

emc likes this.
  15. mojo

mojo Well-Known Member

The fact that the 24kWh model is being discontinued and the 40kWh Zoe is likely to come in around 300/month should drive down prices a bit.

16. Stead

Stead Well-Known Member

EV:
    Nissan LEAF 30
    I personally feel they deflated the value of the leaf it made the car look like a joke, and that's the opinion I get from people around me too. If it was any good why are they giving them away? And the better question I get asked, if Nissan believed in their products they wouldn't be discounting them so heavily.

try to tell someone the leaf is good who has no interest in ev's with the reason because they are really cheap won't really win people over, if that were the case Dacia would be the number one selling brand in Europe.

17. Craig Young

Craig Young New Member

They only look like a joke to people who purchased them. Something like an EV is much more suited to being leased, so it's hard to agree with that point.

I don't agree. The cost benefit of an EV is what will persuade people to make the jump. EV drivers are still technically "early adopters" and will be until an EV has a real world range of ~200 miles (no one really drives much further in one journey without stopping).

Put it this way, I am looking at a leaf purely based on the financial benefits.

18. mattsun

mattsun Member

Hi Miles, price with a 6.6kw obc please?

Thanks , Matt

19. Miles Roberts

EV:
    Hi @mattsun,
    The price is increased by about £30 per month, so £275 for Acenta 30kWh 6.6, and £298 for Tekna 30kwh 6.6.

Stead likes this.
  20. djthomas

djthomas Member Speak EV Supporter

EV:
    Nissan LEAF 30
    Hi Miles,

How much extra for sonic blue, or the nearest equivalent currently available, please?

I have a PCP-financed Leaf to go back with a GFV of around £14k, I assume that you are not at all interested in this? I believe its trade-in value is about £8k. I'm guessing the best option will be to let the finance company pick it up at the end of the period?

Lead time? Current PCP agreement ends 30 Jan so if they are taking it, I wouldn't want the new Leaf before then!

Thanks.