1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitsubishi GT-PHEV

Discussion in 'General Mitsubishi EV Discussion' started by dpeilow, Sep 14, 2016.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Militant EV driver!

EV:
    Tesla Roadster, Vauxhall Ampera
    donald likes this.
  2. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Well-Known Member

EV:
    Vauxhall Ampera
    But is this just another large-ICE with extra electric assist (e.g. to make it 4WD), or a proper design with large elec motors and a modest ICE rex addition (which hopefully will use waste heat to warm the cabin) ?

3. davebodger

davebodger Active Member Speak EV Supporter

EV:
    Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
    It looks suspiciously like a squashed Outlander to me. :)
    The drive train description sounds to me like it's an evolutionary product rather than a revolutionary one, so expect a bigger capacity battery pack (16KWh?), but also smaller and lighter to give the extra range, along with a bigger fuel tank and possibly slightly smaller more efficient ICE, I'm guessing 1600-1800cc, to give the (highly optimistic) 750 mile range.

4. donald

donald Well-Known Member

It would need to be 25kWh-odd for that sort of EV range.

I think that mix is great, doesn't matter if it is electrified ICE or not - at least so long as the EV miles are motorway-capable and don't see the engine cranking up. If it is a p!ssy little 30kW motor so those 75 EV miles are actually urban-pottering only, then that would be a dissapointment.

Still all of that in a 'proper car' rather than bloat-barge and I'll goo take a look for sure.

davebodger likes this.
  5. gladini

gladini Active Member Speak EV Supporter

EV:
    Volkswagen Golf GTE
    says here, a 2.5L ICE in it, which sounds bloomin' big to me.
    But, if it has to shift it with 5 people and a caravan, up a motorway slip road when the EV part is flat ... then I guess so ...

Mitsubishi GT-PHEV Concept unveiled in Paris - Zap-Map

A 2.5 litre petrol engine sits under the bonnet which has been designed for PHEV use. When acting as a generator rather than as a direct power supply for the wheels, the engine runs at a high thermal efficiency, and the overall size of the engine has been optimised for use in parallel drive mode.

As a result, the GT-PHEV Concept has a range of 120km (75 miles) on electric-power only, and a total range that rivals large diesel models of 1,200km (745 miles) from a full tank and charge. CO2 emissions have been calculated to be under 26 g/km, with all these figures combining to take the PHEV market a significant step forward.

6. davebodger

davebodger Active Member Speak EV Supporter

EV:
    Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
    Spot on with the battery size @donald ! (y)

7. Hitstirrer

Hitstirrer Well-Known Member

EV:
    Nissan LEAF 24