1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie from Surrey

Discussion in 'Ice Breakers' started by Paul K, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Paul K

Paul K New Member

EV:
    Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
    Hello all,

I am a Newbie to this forum and to PHEV/EV driving.

I am just ordering a new 2017 Outlander PHEV 4h as a company car. I will be doing about 65% local trips 10-20 miles and the rest a make up of 80 - 200 mile motorway journeys. I am hoping to get an average of 35+ MPG on the long trips as I have been driving a Toyota Auris Sport hybrid which varies between 40 - 58 MPG depending on weather and can dip as low as 24 on short winter trips.

I am looking for a bit more comfort and better ride quality on the rubbish roads around Surrey. I do realise I will probably not achieve exactly the same economy over all as the Auris but the thought of a Prius Plugin is just not my idea of a car for me.

I still have to organise a home charger point and I like what I read about Rolec. MW i3 which has been a big disappointment for him as range and reliability has been an issue.

Any advice will be welcome.

Looking forward to reading all the posts here on the forum.

Paul K

2. Nihad jaleel

Nihad jaleel Active Member

Welcome Paul.. was it a salary sacrifice scheme? What deal? Any great offers going? Pls share!

3. Paul K

Paul K New Member

EV:
    Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
    Hi Nihad,
    No just the normal company car deal. I have a certain allowance per month I can go to and I can choose what I want as long at it seats 4 and has 4 doors.

I do a lot of short trips and quite a few long motorway trips. I look at the Outlander in 2014 but I was skeptical of the new Mitsubishi technology. Concerned about car breakdowns as I had previously had a Audi Q3 which was a disastrous car. Had to be rescued twice in 18 months, had £6k value of repairs and was just unreliable.

I think the Outlander will be overall more expensive fuel wise but offset against the luxury the car I am willing to pay in a bit.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Possibly Related Discussions… - Newbie Surrey
  1. aemz
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Colin Maguire
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Andy_R
    Replies:
    Views: