1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie just joined

Discussion in 'Ice Breakers' started by Ron McDonagh, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Ron McDonagh

Ron McDonagh New Member

Hi Everyone

I would just like to introduce myself as I have just joined the group and have recently purchased a Nissan leaf and I am extremely pleased with it it does all the it says on the can and more after owning it for just 3 weeks I feel very relaxed driving it , it's a two and a half years old and drives like new and it suits me down to the ground , in the three weeks I have had it ihave charged it 3 times and don't know whether it is cost effective to have a home charger unit fitted because I have a outside plug in point and it just a matter of connecting when I need to ,maybe someone will advise ?
    That's all for now folks , as they say in looney tunes

Ron

GregH likes this.
  2. Nihad jaleel

Nihad jaleel Active Member

Welcome! Presume ure not eligible for a gov grant for a charger?

3. Ron McDonagh

Ron McDonagh New Member

Yep I am according to Homecharge whom I have been negotiating with who after receiving my photos of fuse box etc just didn't respond ? After 10 days

4. Nihad jaleel

Nihad jaleel Active Member

That's crazy. Podpointand chargemaster run after u if u hint u needed one! Have u iced them.

5. LeafAlex

LeafAlex Member

Yeah see if you can get a home charging unit from one of the other providers buddy.
    Welcome by the way.

6. ellsbells

ellsbells Member

i also bought a leaf last october, and just used the 13a plug to charge until recently they fitted a quick charger in my garage. seems the only reason you may want to use this is in case you have to make two long journeys from home in the same day. --------the 13a charger IMO is fine for normal use and i suspect its kinder on the battery not to be force fed!

Possibly Related Discussions… - Newbie joined
  1. aemz
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Colin Maguire
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Andy_R
    Replies:
    Views: