1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

Passat GTE owner

Discussion in 'Ice Breakers' started by Manny, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Manny

Manny New Member

Became an owner of a Passat GTE 31st October can only say very disappointed with the actual miles achieved against available shown on vehicle. Out of 28 mile battery available only achieved 14 this a regular occurrence. Not good enough even with a very light foot, anybody had similar issues?.

2. pbceng

pbceng Chartered Engineer Speak EV Supporter

EV:
    Tesla Model S
    My Prius Plug-in typically only managed half it's stated EV range. I was a little surprised because the PiP had to be driven very gently to stay in EV mode which would be more akin to the NEDC test cycle used as a reference.

The range may improve though as you get more used to the car.

3. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Well-Known Member

EV:
    Vauxhall Ampera
    You have a 9.9 kWh battery in there - but how much of this is actually available for use I don't know. Lets say 8 useable.
    In my Ampera 1 expect 4 miles/kWh in summer with no heating or a/c used, and not hoofing it. In winter I expect it to drop to 2/3 of this, so with 10.4 kWh useable I reckon 40 to 45max miles in summer, and am getting about 30 now on a run, with the car preheated. If I do short trips & use the car's own heater, I'm down to maybe 2 miles/kWh. I think your car's lighter than mine, but I expect your aerodynamics to be worse, so I'd expect your figures to be reasonably close to mine.

So with your battery in my car, I'd expect 32-35 in summer, 21 in winter, and as low as 12 if doing v short trips starting with a cold car.

GregH likes this.
Possibly Related Discussions… - Passat GTE owner
  1. dpl
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Core Matrix
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Laust Sondergaard
    Replies:
    Views: