1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

Polar Home Charger End of Gov contract

Discussion in 'General Charging Discussion' started by Electric Van Man, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Electric Van Man

Electric Van Man Active Member

EV:
    Nissan e NV200
    I have had my 16amp type 2 socket Polar home charger fitted nearly 3 years now (3 years end of march)
    The gov contract was that this unit had to be live and turned on for 3 years so they can use the data .
    This unit was all fitted at the time for FREE.

I am now on my 4th EV and was wondering if I could reapply for a 32am unit to be fitted?
    Has anyone else done this??

I have know a house hold having two units fitted under the OLEV agreement as they had two EV's registered at the the same address.

2. proddick

proddick Well-Known Member

EV:
    Tesla Model S, Vauxhall Ampera
    You can't get another grant if you had one previously (on current or previous scheme) at the same address. Only exception is if you will have two plug in vehicles at that address (which we had).

As reg you now have is different you could apply, but would be expensive if they asked for grant back later. It would also be "untruthful" on the OLEV form you sign. Your call...