1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential EV converter

Discussion in 'Ice Breakers' started by SkyeEnt, Jan 8, 2017.

1. SkyeEnt

SkyeEnt New Member

Hello,
    Having fun creating virtual Electric Range Rover. Got a 2 door with no engine. Technically looks quite feasible, but I don't know whether my budget will stretch to what I'd like (60 mph, 60 miles range with reasonable hill performance) I'm based on the Isle of Skye, so that last is an essential, though the other two are negotiable:)
    To keep it simple and therefore more likely to happen, I'm thinking of replacing the existing gearbox/transfer box with a later transfer box, thus giving me a lower gear for hills (and potentially off road :) )with a single large motor providing drive. Removing the engine, main gearbox, radiator and fuel tank will save me about 360kg.
    Thinking about batteries at the moment....

GregH likes this.
  2. Bri

Bri Member

EV:
    Volkswagen e Golf
    This sounds like a fun project, I hope you will providing us with photos as it progresses...

ps, please pass on regards to Ricco the three wheeling Skye bus driver who retired not so long ago.
    (Im guessing you must know him, tis only a small place after all)

Bri

SkyeEnt likes this.
  3. SkyeEnt

SkyeEnt New Member

He runs Skye Wheel Nuts - going strong AFAIK

Possibly Related Discussions… - Potential converter
  1. AndyL
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Blue Dragon
    Replies:
    Views: