1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

Service Intervals for Leaf

Discussion in 'Nissan LEAF24 & LEAF30' started by Noah's Dad, May 9, 2015.

1. Noah's Dad

Noah's Dad Non Member

Haven't been able to find anything in paperwork or handbook for when Leaf should be serviced. Perhaps it is in small print somewhere?

So from looking around other threads I have established what is hopefully correct below:-

1st service, due after 1 year or 18,000 miles.
    2nd service, due after 2 years or 36,000 miles.

What about the next services, is it always +1 year or +18,000 miles ?

I am going to programme the servicing into the car reminder system on the onboard menu. We do a lot of miles so that is going to trigger our servicing requirements.

2. Dean Hamer

Dean Hamer Well-Known Member

Yep 12 months or 18k miles, whatever comes soonest.

3. BarryP

BarryP Well-Known Member

As do other Makers Nissan puts the service intervals only in the Service book and don't put it in the drivers handbook. Not very helpful!.
    There are two services shown. Intermediate and Full. 12 months or 18000. and 24 months and 36000. . There are also a couple of 'Warranty' inspections listed, and additional maintenance at 60 months/64000 miles and 48 months/36000 miles.

It's a good read before bedtime.

4. Dean Hamer

Dean Hamer Well-Known Member

I'll be servicing my LEAF until the 4th year (so there is no come back from Nissan if I have any problems with the battery within the first 5 years).

From then on I don't think I'll bother servicing it. I'll just get the brake fluid flushed by a local garage for a fraction of the cost.

5. BarryP

BarryP Well-Known Member

The only reason that ALL manufacturers give longer warranties is to tie in owners to Dealer servicing. (even though EU rules allow other servicing )