1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Carlos revive the i-MiEV?

Discussion in 'General Mitsubishi EV Discussion' started by richardglover, May 29, 2016.

1. richardglover

richardglover Leaf lover

EV:
    BMW i3 94Ah Rex, Nissan LEAF 24
    I have never been a fan of concept cars but just like Nissan's IDS concept I, say bring it on.
    So it does have me thinking, who am I kidding suggesting the i-MiEV deserves a second chance.
    But the car already exists and at the right price could become popular.

2. stuart

stuart Active Member

Popular results in change, why bother when it works.

3. richardglover

richardglover Leaf lover

EV:
    It's got an eccentric image at present and the i-MiEV at it's starting price didn't help.
    The market place needs a smaller than Leaf size EV.
    VW don't want to sell the e-UP!
    Smart don't want to sell the electric Smart.
    Fiat don't want to sell the e-500
    You would have thought the Zoe could also be sold as a Nissan.
    The i-MiEV is an established product that needs to be production costed for high volume, marketed to sell and just needs Carlos to decree that it be seen as a true city car.

4. mclarkie

mclarkie Well-Known Member

EV:
    Nissan LEAF 24
    Aren't the Peugeot and Citroen i-MiEV clones still available?

5. Siraff

Siraff Well-Known Member

It's not just that they don't want to sell them. I for one would buy any of the above but they would need larger battery packs to make me.
    I don't need or want a large car but I do want/need a large range. 60kWh in something tiny would be great for me and many others. 40kWh would still be fine.
    All this 15-20 is really only any good if you happen to have a steady commute which only requires that and never need the car to do anything outside the box so it makes it a 2nd car. As a 2nd car it would have to be cheap since a 2nd car isn't going to cover enough mileage for it to make much money back based on fuel savings.

6. richardglover

richardglover Leaf lover

EV:
    I believe the type of daily use I have done in my Leaf over 4.5 years and 70k miles could have been achieved in an i-MiEV, but I would never have purchased new at their prices.
    And I can only repeat what I have claimed for a long time, where you see range anxiety, read price anxiety.
    At the right price a lot of people will purchase the i-MiEV, put in the bulk of their mileage and accept and respect the car as it is.
    But of course a lot simply cannot make use of the car regardless of any price it is offered at.

7. richardglover

richardglover Leaf lover

EV:
    I don't know that they are still in production but it does seem there is still unsold stock.

8. stuart

stuart Active Member

What is the best car per kW. Per purchase price, or would you choose the tesla to go and buy a pint of milk over the Imiev. Put another way I can't be arsed to park it.

9. markweatherill

markweatherill Well-Known Member

Mitsubishi sold 300 of the ICE 'i' car here in 2007 and another batch, as I understand it, later. There always seem to be a lot on Ebay and Autotrader!