1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted Tekna 30Kwh + 6kw

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicle Classifieds' started by Renwich, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Renwich

Renwich Active Member

EV:
    Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV,
    My current PCP is coming to an end at the end or April, so looking for deals on either a new or pre-owned/registered Leaf with a 30Kwh battery and a 6kwh charger 12k mpa, not bothered about colour preferably less than 10k miles, the dealer I got my current leaf from although pleasant and helpful is not offering a deal as good as my current PCP.

if anyone has heard of deals going recently or tips please ( my location Teesside)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. Tony Wright

Tony Wright Active Member

Best I could get (Newcastle) was £500 deposit and £237 a month for 7k per annum in a 30kw Tekna. This was through the family and friends scheme but I'm I'm probably going to look for a 2nd hand Ampera.

Renwich likes this.
  3. Mark Bradley

Mark Bradley New Member

After looking around Teesside with no joy I bought my Leaf from Lookers (Gateshead)
    They had plenty of choice and excellent to deal with compared to Evans Halshaw or Bristol street (one of which I have worked for) after sales has been excellent too.
    The sales rep is called Lauren Walton although is on holiday until the end of January

4. ElectricIan

ElectricIan Well-Known Member

EV:
    Nissan LEAF 24, Nissan LEAF 30
    I am afraid you will not get anything like your original PCP.
    I was on a March 2015 PCP. Tekna 6K pa metallic.
    I am trading early for a 30kw Accenta solid paint same miles for £13 a month more but on a 3 year pcp.

I wont say too much but believe me this was 100% definitely the best deal available.

You are probably too early as the dealer gets a list of customers who are on pcps coming to an end soon.
    They are able to offer some great incentives when you are due up.
    My dealer has done deals on Feb PCPs recently but not March yet.

5. Nihad jaleel

Nihad jaleel Active Member

That's 287£ per month assuming 0.8 xcess per mile. That's fantastic! Was it 6.6? Where is this from?

6. Robthebank

Robthebank Well-Known Member

I think you will find that's 3 year when most of us went for two years last time, I think it's now cheaper to buy a year old 30kwh via a 5 year loan and then sell it after 2 years you will pay less then the PCP. And you shouldnt end up in negative equity. Plus no hand back inspection worries, damage fines, XS milage charged etc...

7. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

Two years ago the GFV on the LEAF was artificially increased to an unrealistic high figure so the monthly costs you received could be achieved. This is where now your cars are valued at about £4-5000 lower, so dealers are not interested in a px and leaving no choice but to return the car to RCI and seek a new deal. That's also why the dealers are swamped with used 24kWh LEAFs they have bought direct from Nissan at cheap prices, offering 0% finance, £1000 contribution and free home charge unit.

Nissan have just released their Q1 figures today and again they have increased the GFV, however not as much as 2 years ago.

@Miles Roberts of the Chorley Group just quoted this on the LEAF Facebook page
    The RCI quote system has just been updated with new rates this morning. For 2yr deal on Tekna 24kwh 6.6 in Flame Red at 10kpa, would be £1500 deposit, £221.52pm. Give me a shout if that sounds interesting, or if you want to amend the mileage.

30kWh 6.6 Flame Red would be £275.86

Re this quote I'm assuming it's related to the main above post with the same Tekna model, deposit and mileage.

8. Miles Roberts

Miles Roberts Well-Known Member

EV:
    Hyundai Ioniq BEV, Kia Optima PHEV, Nissan e NV200, Nissan LEAF 24, Nissan LEAF 30
    @Colin I've sent some figures to @Renwich this morning, with similar figures (but no deposit).

9. Nihad jaleel

I dint get it... I've just been quoted for a used 16 Tekna 3.3.. 2000£ 310 per month and gfv of £6000! The used seems tremendously more expensive!

10. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

These 24kWh cars would have been about 2 year old and not 16 reg models as you describe. I know Lookers in the North East were offering these limited used deals, not many left now. Here is an example .

11. Nihad jaleel

Err no this is a Tekna I'm buying with cash..16 plate 30kw 3.3.. I just asked them for a finance quote and that is what they state!

12. Nihad jaleel

Or pay 13.5 cash..

13. Nihad jaleel

What I'm saying is this used Tekna is much more expensive than new if I use PCP.. I don't get it!

14. Miles Roberts

Miles Roberts Well-Known Member

EV:
    Hyundai Ioniq BEV, Kia Optima PHEV, Nissan e NV200, Nissan LEAF 24, Nissan LEAF 30
    @Nihad jaleel - Nissan is a manufacturer, rather than a retailer. It makes more sense for them if you buy a new car, rather than a used one.

15. Leafev

Leafev Member

Just get a loan over 5 years - should be <250 per month for 13.5k and you will be paying off at a rate which should keep you equity in the car after year 1 - so change whenever.

The difference between new and second hand PCP's all come down to GFV's being so high on new.

Robthebank likes this.