1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts.
    Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car.
    We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Join Speak EV.
    Dismiss Notice

Unlocking radio on P Ion

Discussion in 'General Mitsubishi EV Discussion' started by KenB, Dec 9, 2016.

1. KenB

KenB Active Member

How do i unlock my car radio in the P Ion after replacing batt. I have the code as per manufacturer but it does not work and now i am locked out. Thanks

2. Neon

Neon New Member

Perhaps you only need to enter the last few digits from the code. I hope you don't need to go to a dealer for this. Please let us know how you get on

3. KenB

KenB Active Member

Solved now. Took it to the Portsmouth boffin man who deals with this prob for the main garages but had never seen this kind of radio before so he sent it to a higher boffin down the West country who bought the appropriate software to fix. Cost £60

4. DBMandrake

DBMandrake Active Member

EV:
    Peogeot iOn
    For future reference, the radio can be unlocked using Diagbox with a Lexia 3 interface. (The standard Citroen/Peugeot dealer diagnostic tool, which can be obtained easily in the diagnostic grey market - I've owned one for a few years)

I bought an Ion recently and the owners manual (and thus code) was missing, and the radio was locked out due to too many incorrect tries. (It wasn't even accepting any more attempts)

10 minutes with Diagbox and I had unblocked the radio and retrieved the original code. (Which I confirmed does work, by disconnecting the radio then reconnecting it and entering the code)

Before I had bought the car I contacted the local Peugeot dealer who said they can unlock it for you if you provide proof of ownership. They said it would cost £20. In reality all they will be doing is exactly what I did with Diagbox!